Lately I’ve been on the hunt for some clean mid-century modern furniture for a client’s home and came across some fantastic inspiration while at it! Lauren Conrad’s bright, airy Pacific Palisades home caught my attention with it’s clean lines & Cali casual vibe. All that natural light pouring into the living room, and the neutral palette plays it up beautifully! I thought I'd break down and share what I love about this space & how you can get a similar look.
A few aspects I'm loving -
- the warmth and texture - a mix of woods, leather, brass, wovens & plants, against the all-white backdrop looks amazing and really warms up the room
- the delineated windows against the white walls - gorgeous
- a mix of vintage & mid-century modern elements. Like the antique brass coffee table ( a personal favorite she’s carried through different homes) with those incredible (teakwood?) lounge chairs - love their structure
- the mid-century modern rocker (adorable) seems to be having a moment - I’ve seen it show up in many a magazine pages this year!
- that big, beautiful oversized mirror above the fireplace
Here's some suggestions to get this look
1. planter 2. round brass mirror 3. rocking chair 4. white fringe pillow 5. paint - Benjamin Moore - Super White 6. tan leather sofa 7. brass vase (this one at Wayfair for much, much less, would look just as great), 8. woven bw striped pillow (love this shop The Little Market - fair trade, supports co-ops), or Etsy 9. wink pillow 10. wall sconce 11. rug 12. lounge chairs 13. garden stool 14. bw striped pillow 15.fringe throw 16. gold leaf coffee table 17. mongolian faux fur pillow 18. fiddle leaf fig tree 19. woven baskets 20. ace tray 21. hydrangeas in a vase 22. coffee table books - Tim Walker’s Storyteller would be an incredible browse, MAD creativity on every page.
Thoughts, questions? Comment away!